Monday, November 10, 2008

Update #3


The Cost Co. load Alicia and I brought home last weekend.

The great news: Nicole (Alicia's friend from college) is coming to visit this weekend! Good times to be had. I've been scrambling to get enough work done so that I can be lazy while she's here. I can't wait to be lazy!

The good news: Midterms have left, and my students did fine. Both classes had students with 100%, and my second class only had ten students with a D or lower. That seems like a lot, but it's pretty good for a college math class.

The bad news: I've felt overwhelmed lately. So much to do, and I never seem to get it done. It'd sure be nice to not feel guilty all weekend.

I guess it's just hard to balance work that I will appreciate immediately (like doing the dishes) versus work I'll appreciate four days later (like reviewing class notes). Ugg. I've been in school most of my life and I still haven't gotten this "studying" thing down.

What I've thought about: Computers. I keep thinking of the many reasons why a new computer would be nice. I could buy a "Skype Handset" which would basically give Alicia and I a home phone. We could store all our photos on the computer, we could have all our music in one library, and we could have a central computer which allowed us to easily back up our files. 

Plus, if the computer was in the bedroom, we could have a monitor there and watch television. I haven't had a TV in the bedroom in about four years, so that thought tickles me. 

But, my laptop is still working fine four years later. I just can't reasonably go buy a new computer. But I can think about it. 

What I've enjoyed: Fresh chopped tomatos in salsa. I never knew it was so simple to chop tomatos and throw them in salsa. Up until this point, I've always bought canned tomatos. But fresh tomatos make a huge difference. 

0 comments: