Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boston Trip

You may have seen Alicia's fantastic coverage of our March 29th trip to Boston. Here's my contributions.

We started out the day early as heck. I believe we woke up at 5am to leave at 5:45am to catch the 7am boarding of a bus to Boston. It was a 8 hour round trip, but it was really nice to leave the city. 

Here's Alicia in the bus station when we arrived: 


That's the smile of "I'm not sitting on a bus anymore!" 

I was a bit worried about all the walking, as we didn't have any means of transportation in Boston. Luckily for us, everything in downtown Boston was within our usual walking distance of Brooklyn. 

First stop, Boston Commons. It's like Central Park in NYC, but supposedly used for much more than a park. It was nice, wide open, and comfortable.


Yeah, that's rain. There was a lot of it.

From there, we saw a lot of history. Let's skip all that and go straight to what I remember: 



What? It was raining outside and it was my Spring Break!

We saw a lot, and Alicia documented it pretty well. My camera is getting up there in camera-years, and really couldn't handle the rain. Thus the lack of pictures. But it took a good photo of this half drank beer at the Cheers bar built into the tourist shopping center. 

Overall, the trip really tested the strength of our Umbrellas. But it was a fun trip and really cheap! 


Me with my beard. Had you seen that yet? I've finally figured out how to keep it short.

0 comments: