Monday, May 3, 2010

The sun is setting on "Brian Blogs in Brooklyn"


I believe the end of an era is approaching. As you may have heard, Alicia and I will be returning to live in Minnesota. Given that this blog is entitled "Brian Blogs in Brooklyn," I've got two options.

1) Rename the blog.

2) Retire the blog.

Well, I suppose there's a third option: I could always move to Brooklyn Park, MN. But that just seems silly.

To be fair, I certainly could just rename the blog. But I really like the name of this blog. I think it has captured (even if only through a sprinkling of posts) my life in New York City. I think this blog has given my family a window into my life they couldn't have seen any other way. More than letter writing or telephone calls, this blog allowed me to actually post photos of the life Alicia and I carved out of Brooklyn for ourselves. Retiring this blog just seems to be a natural last step as we set sail towards Minnesota.

But never fear, I'm not out of New York City yet. And you can bet good money that I've got a few good posts brewing in my mind. There's definitely a New York City Rant in the works, plus photos of our move.

And just as my previous website http://jhinra.googlepages.com/ continues to tell the story of my life in Duluth and the move to New York, so too will this blog float on in the ocean of the internet.

I've returned the blog to it's old theme, since it might as well finish the way it started almost two years ago. Be sure to check back over the next few weeks while Alicia and I pack up everything and get more and more excited to move to Minnesota. I'm sure it'll be a lot of good reading.

0 comments: