Monday, July 14, 2008

Update from the backyard

Hello! Sorry about the week off from blogging. As you know, I started teaching last week Monday. I've managed to procrastinate blogging since then. But not too much to take some photos!



This is my garden after about 5 or 6 weeks of growth. The Zinnias didn't come up in a grid (which I started), but are coming up great in places I just clumped seeds. There might be something up with the left side's soil, as the right side of the garden certainly has almost full growth. Or, it could just have to do with what was accessable when I was kneeling and spreading the seeds.


Here's another shot from the side so you can see how tall everything has grown. The highest Zinnias are around 7-10 inches. No blooming, or anything yet. But, there is this girl:


Alicia and I have been calling her (pretty sure it is a her) Oreo, but that is only because we are not very creative in our naming. I've started feeding it out of pure want for a cat. I went to the 99 cent store and picked those bowls up, bought a pound of cat chow and five fancy feasts at Walgreens, and it lasted almost two weeks now. I don't feed her every day, but everytime Alicia and I am out there. It makes Oreo very friendly. She's cute, doesn't hiss, and likes affection. We haven't figured out whether she is owned. She always comes from the same direction when I come outside, perhaps from her owner's house? She doesn't have a collar, but she is not afraid of people. I've checked outside at midnight, and she was still hanging out, so who knows?

Alicia has more photos and her thoughts on her blog, http://aliciaglaser.blogspot.com.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: