Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update #7

Livia doesn't like the flash


Great News: If you recall, I wrote in my previous update that I was worried about how the evaluation went. Well, my teaching evaluation went great. The professor whom attended my class commented that I had the students engaged, which is extremely important. She said they all seemed to be working on the problems I wrote on the board and the students weren't afraid to ask questions. Yay!

Good News: My lesson plans have almost caught up to the recommended curriculum. At my worst, I was two days behind. I slowed down during a subject the students were struggling to comprehend and it seemd that it would be impossible to speed up the lectures. But as the semester progressed, my students got better! Now, the class is exactly where I want it.

The midterm is Wednesday. I've got high hopes for my students. Normally, I end up weeping inside as I correct an exam. I don't actually cry, but it is very disappointing to see the kinds of mistakes students can make. Especially after my lectures are "DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE!" Cross your fingers for my students!

The Bad News: March is done. Only a month and a half until the Spring Qualifying exams. I'm scared. It's very hard to find time to studying for them.

What I've Enjoyed: Peggle! I bought Peggle for the Xbox 360, but it is available online for the computer, too. Basically, you shoot marbles at pegs, trying to hit all the orange pegs. It's exactly like Plinko from The Price is Right. Addicting, mindless, fun!

What I've Thought About: Peek. Peek is a portable handheld device that lets you check your email. It uses the T-Mobile cellular network and is only $20 a month. The people at Peek just released a new and improved version of Peek; it looks awesome. Plus, it's cheap! The older model is only $50, the new one is $80. CostCo has the old one available for $400, which includes LIFETIME service! Thus, no $20 a month. It doesn't let you surf the web, it isn't a phone. All it does is email. I've really been going back and forth, debating it. I don't have a fancy phone like an iPhone, so I can't check my email when I'm away from a computer. But if I get this, I really shouldn't get a fancy phone later on down the line. I'm torn!

0 comments: