Friday, October 24, 2008

Keeping in contact has never been easier

I understand the internet is scary . . .

But it has never been easier to maintain a presence on the internet in your own way. Besides Facebook and MySpace, there are many other possibilities.

The oldest internet technology is email. It would be easy enough to collect a bunch of email addresses of friends and family and send out a Newsletter.

I've already exulted the virtues of Google Reader, but I will mention that the Google Reader Shared Items feature can be used as a blog. It is much, much easier than creating your own Blogger account (which is pretty easy, too). Google Reader has a "Note" feature, which is basically a blog post without a website you've shared (to put this in laymans terms, you can just write something).

If you don't want to use Google Reader, you can simply sign up for Twitter and start tweeting immediately. There's a ton of people to follow, such as celebrities, etc. Even CNN was reading tweets on their broadcast of the Presidential Debates.

The only reason I'm pushing is that it is fun to read about people in your life. Alicia's got her blog, as do both her sisters Stacey and Vanessa. Alicia's friend Nicole maintains a Google Reader shared items page.

That's about all I've got on the internet. I'd love to add to my list! But that's up to you, isn't it?

0 comments: