Thursday, October 23, 2008

Update #1

To try and give a glimpse into my day-to-day world, I'm going to attempt a systematic update every week (if not more!). To make it easy, I want questions that are easy to answer. Here are five that seem to have promise... I'd love other ideas in the comments, if you've got them.

The great news: Every semester, my teaching is evaluated. Basically, a full time professor sits in my class, then gives me notes afterwards. I was evaluated on Tuesday (10/21), and it went great. My lecture was on top form.

The good news: I'm done teaching my Saturday class. There was a debacle with attendance, but I no longer have work on Saturdays. Over all, I'll have made $450 pretax for teaching six consecutive Saturdays. Not bad.

The bad news: I haven't played Rock Band in three weeks. Too much to do. Doesn't sound like this will change anytime soon, as I'll be giving Midterms next week, which means more correcting.

What I've thought about: I can't figure out how to properly feed Livia. I don't want her getting fat (not that it would be the end of the world). The problem is that when I follow the diet recommendation on Livia's dry food, Livia wants food all day. She's constantly sniffing her bowl, then looking up at me. It breaks my heart, so I cave. Will she finally get used to one can of food in the morning, half a cup of dry food in the evening?

What I've enjoyed: Fringe is the only TV I've caught, but its enjoyable. It's no Sopranos, but it makes me happy on Tuesday... too bad we've got 3 weeks until new episodes.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Weekly, huh? I will believe it when I see it. :)