Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grand Theft Auto Marathon wrapup

As you read previpusly, I played a little GTAIV last week. Mostly, I wanted an excuse to not work on math. It was great, yet tough on me.

The achievement require me to beat the game in 30 hours or less, I wanted to do it consecutively. While I failed to do it consequtively due to a lack of sleep and a game glitch, I did manage to beat the full game in only 23 hours non-cumulitive.

The best part of the experience was seeing the plot in one clean sweep. The first time I played through the game, I took my time with the many distractions the game offers (you can actually watch tv IN THE GAME! It's fake tv!). This time, I watched the plot nearly straight through. It tackles alot of violence vs. not, business vs. personal. Most impressive was the different endings. I had no idea how different they'd be.

The makers of GTAIV must love New York. The time and effort put into recreate the look and feel of the city is breathtaking.

Two complaints... One, the game glitched on me. Sure, it wasn't meant to be played for 20 hours straight, but it was frustrating that the music didn't all play. I had a ton of repeats. There was even a point that I had to restart the Xbox, as the game didn't give me any new missions. Two, I can't how two days of my life just dissapeared. Scary.

Overall, the marathon gave me the sense of freedom. I stepped out of routine, and it felt great. Time to study like not tomorrow.

PS: Pro Tip: Use the taxi to go everywhere. It won't cost much, and you'll save a lot of time and frustration.

0 comments: