Sunday, January 24, 2010

Displaying My Junk

One of the hard parts of living in a small space is enjoying all your junk. You know, that stuff that you really like or that has emotional significance, but doesn't do anything. In a big house, I'd probably have a basement where I could display it all. But here in Brooklyn, most of my favorite things end up in a box in the closet.

You may have read about how Alicia and I rearranged our bedroom. After buying a new Billy bookcase from Ikea for Christmas, I've suddenly got a small surplus of space in my desk area. Here's my little area:



See that spot, right there?



It's free space! Every week, I intend on putting one item on display there. I plan on cycling through the junk that's sitting in boxes, putting one thing on display every week. If I'm good, I will even write a blog post each week about my newest display item.

I'm really excited about enjoying my old stuff, even documenting and archiving my memories of it. I hope you'll join me.

0 comments: