Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Apartment Technology: Video Games

Alicia and I are fans of technology. We aren't rich, so we rarely get to indulge in the latest technology. But we try to make the best of what we've got. Let me give you a little tour of our set up in the Apartment.

Our Video Games



It took three years, but we've managed to acquire all the latest video game consoles. I purchased the Wii on the day it was released back in November 2006. Alicia and I saved up over the Summer of 2007 and purchased the Xbox 360 in October 2007 because we were too excited about Grand Theft Auto IV and Rock Band. We finally finished the collection in September 2009 using money given to us for the Wedding.

Here they are, on display using a Lerberg shelf (only $15 at Ikea!). I think it looks pretty darn good, if I don't say so myself.



Prior to the new TV (also a Wedding gift), we had to use a manual switch behind the TV to switch between games. But these fancy new digital televisions can auto-detect what signal it is receiving. I was very, very skeptical about buying an HD Tv. I just didn't see what the point was. DVD's were pretty enough for me, and I wasn't worried about size. But this auto detect feature is worth its weight in gold.

So all three systems are hooked up to the TV. To play one, just turn on the TV and turn on the gaming system. Simple as pi!

0 comments: