Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall Update



Well, the first day of school has come and gone. A few weeks ago, it seems. Above's what I looked like going out to teach for the first class of the new semester. I wanted to command a little respect, thus the tie. I really liked wearing a tie with a shirt not buttoned to the top, and I've done it a few times since. Alicia and I even went shopping at Century 21 (a really big department store that's really cheap) and bought three new shirts with matching ties.

I've had requests for pictures of the garden. Here's one of the best flowers:



A lot of them have flowered, and we've got mostly orange and pink. But the huge rainstorm last weekend (apparently it was a tropical storm that made its way north) knocked over most of them. They've only recently started to stand back up.

This semester, I'm teaching a Precalculus class and an Algebra II class. Sure, they are both still technically high school math. But it feels good teaching them. The student's have a decent grasp of what's going on. I even get to use a graphing calculator in Precalculus!

My last post probably gave the impression that I'm only studying. That's not entirely true: I've taken up reading on the subway. I'm averaging about one book every two weeks. I'm almost done with a book about Harvard MBAs, and I'm excited about picking what is next.

The wedding is chugging along. Alicia has been working hard on it, and I'll post more information as I get it.

I'm off to work again. Math calls. Until next time, stay good internet!

0 comments: