Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flower on Display


For Valentine's Day, Alicia and I bought some flowers for the apartment (I bought them for her technically, but she was there helping). The idea was that I wouldn't put all the flowers in a vase. So here's the flower that made its way to my desk area.


The vase I'm using here is actually a glass liquor bottle I bought in Italy. It held lemonchello, a lemon based liquor. I made the mistake of hoarding the liquor (because it was special to me... I did buy it in Italy) instead of enjoying it. Of course, it went bad about a year ago. I would have thought alcohol would hold up for awhile (to be fair, it did stay good for approximately 3 years), but it just stopped tasting like anything worth keeping.

So, just last week, I finally got the courage to empty it down the drain and use the bottle. I think it looks great. Thoughts?

As a side note, splitting up a bouquet of flowers around the apartment is a great idea. Just use some spare drinking glasses. Here's some pictures of the flowers we arranged:









0 comments: